How to find out when a fix will be released

John MacLaughlin

Aug 27, 2019, 6:09:43 PM8/27/19
to Django users
I see this ticket was addressed, fixed, and merged. However, it's not in the latest release (2.2.4)

How can I find out when this fix will be released?

wd

Aug 28, 2019, 1:06:34 AM8/28/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
It's so weird, the code is already in master 7 months, but still not released yet?

Jani Tiainen

Aug 28, 2019, 1:13:24 AM8/28/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
It's not weird at all. Django has 8 month release cycle. Usually only bugs that are security issues or causes data loss are backported to older releases.

I think this procedure is documented somewhere...

Jani Tiainen

Aug 28, 2019, 1:15:24 AM8/28/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

wd

Aug 28, 2019, 2:00:23 AM8/28/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

As a concrete example, consider a moment in time halfway between the release of Django 5.1 and 5.2. At this point in time:

  • Features will be added to development master, to be released as Django 5.2.
  • Critical bug fixes will be applied to the stable/5.1.x branch, and released as 5.1.1, 5.1.2, etc.
  • Security fixes and bug fixes for data loss issues will be applied to master and to the stable/5.1.xstable/5.0.x, and stable/4.2.x (LTS) branches. They will trigger the release of 5.1.15.0.54.2.8, etc.
  • Documentation fixes will be applied to master, and, if easily backported, to the latest stable branch, 5.1.x.

I see the PR was merged at Feb 3, Django 2.2 tagged at Apr 1, so the PR is happened between 2.1 and 2.2, it should be released at 2.2 ?

Michal Petrucha

Sep 12, 2019, 5:54:17 AM9/12/19
to django...@googlegroups.com