Simple file uploading app

guettli

Oct 25, 2017, 10:57:31 AM10/25/17
to Django users
I need a simple file uploading app.

Every user should be able to upload files to his own area.

This is the basic feature. You could think of additional goodies, but the first step is
above feature.

I tried to find an application which implements this, but failed.

I tried this and other searches:

https://djangopackages.org/search/?q=upload

Before I start coding, I wanted to ask here, because I prefer re-using to re-inventing :-)

Do you know an app which gives me this feature?

Regards,
  Thomas Güttler

Jani Tiainen

Oct 25, 2017, 11:16:35 AM10/25/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I did simple pic uploader while ago.

Source code is available at https://github.com/jtiai/picpaster

guettli

guettli

Jan 8, 2018, 7:16:40 AM1/8/18
to Django users
Just for the records: Since I found no matching solution I wrote a generic http upload tool: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/tbzuploader/

For ftp there are thousands of clients, for automated upload via http I found none. That's why I wrote above tool.

Regards,
  Thomas

Matemática A3K

Jan 8, 2018, 12:09:40 PM1/8/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 9:16 AM, guettli <guet...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just for the records: Since I found no matching solution I wrote a generic http upload tool: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/tbzuploader/

For ftp there are thousands of clients, for automated upload via http I found none. That's why I wrote above tool.

Regards,
  Thomas

Good initiative! I think you didn't find anything because you might have search it for Django and not for Python (but just a guess).
Here's one that can give you more ideas, like the progress bar:

It's not generic enough for general use - at least to me - as for the glance I took, it looks for pairs of files for your tbz site / software (I don't know German), and I don't need an uploader, but I will have it in mind :)

Am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2017 16:57:31 UTC+2 schrieb guettli:
I need a simple file uploading app.

Every user should be able to upload files to his own area.

This is the basic feature. You could think of additional goodies, but the first step is
above feature.

I tried to find an application which implements this, but failed.

I tried this and other searches:

https://djangopackages.org/search/?q=upload

Before I start coding, I wanted to ask here, because I prefer re-using to re-inventing :-)

Do you know an app which gives me this feature?

Regards,
  Thomas Güttler

Mike Morris

Jan 8, 2018, 7:08:48 PM1/8/18
to django...@googlegroups.com

Though it is not a Drupal app, there is an excellent drop box type app in PHP called "Download Ticket Service"... simple, no frills, entirely cross-platform and open:

http://www.thregr.org/~wavexx/software/dl/

I have no idea if it could be readily incorporated into your app, but just FYI....

From their website:

dl” is a simple file sharing service for quick/one-off file transfers. Upload a file to get a link you can share. Or create a sharing link to receive files from others. The uploaded files are automatically removed when left unused, requiring zero additional maintenance.

dl” is built for your users: easy to use with any browser, integrates smoothly with Thunderbird for large attachments, works on Android, Windows, OSX or straight from the command line for maximum convenience.

guettli

Jan 10, 2018, 9:46:57 AM1/10/18
to Django users

Am Dienstag, 9. Januar 2018 01:08:48 UTC+1 schrieb Mike Morris:

Though it is not a Drupal app, there is an excellent drop box type app in PHP called "Download Ticket Service"... simple, no frills, entirely cross-platform and open:

http://www.thregr.org/~wavexx/software/dl/

I have no idea if it could be readily incorporated into your app, but just FYI....

Yes, this php project does a lot. My uploader does much less. But maybe we could agree on the basic http stuff...

Matemática A3K

Jan 16, 2018, 3:30:57 PM1/16/18
to django...@googlegroups.com