Django Post request erro

Ruturaj Singare

Sep 13, 2019, 9:53:48 AM9/13/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone I got one problem I have 2 form in index.html but having its own url pattern but both forms redirects to on e url using post request can you please help me.

I am your regular subscriber on youtube
Please help

My url patterns :

urlpatterns = [
path('admin/', admin.site.urls),
path('', views.index, name='index'),
path('home', views.index, name='index'),
path('paid', views.paid, name='paid')
]

My index.html form section
<form action="/paid" method="post">
{% csrf_token %}
<input type="text" name="OrderNo" id="MyTextId" >
<input type="submit" value="Show Order" class="btn btn-danger">

<thead>
<th scope="col">Sr. No</th>
<th scope="col">Menu Items</th>
<th scope="col">Quantity
</thead>
<tbody>
{% for order in orderList %}
<th>{{ forloop.counter }}</th>
{% endfor %}
</tbody>
<form action="/home" method="post">
{% csrf_token %}
<input type="text" name="OrderNo" id="MyId">
<input type="submit" value="Pay" class="btn btn-danger">
</form>

I think all ok but not working

Nelson Varela

Sep 13, 2019, 10:44:11 AM9/13/19
to Django users
You have to close your first form.....

So put </form> somewhere before the second form

Jani Tiainen

Sep 13, 2019, 10:44:43 AM9/13/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Could you describe exactly in both cases:
What do you expect to happen? What does actually happen!

Also instead of using hardcoded urls you should always use {% url %} tag to form urls in templates.

Ruturaj Singare

Sep 16, 2019, 11:04:50 PM9/16/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your response