Page Integration

Pooja Kumari

Nov 10, 2022, 10:33:14 AM11/10/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi.. Can anyone help me with django templates? Actually I have a registration page where user can signup and data will be saved in admin panel or database but I am not able to do that. Registration page is working when I hit URL but data is not saving in database. Let me know If anyone have idea about this type of project. I'll be very grateful for your help.

Lakshyaraj Dash

Nov 10, 2022, 10:50:17 AM11/10/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Please see that if you're calling the .save() method or not

On Thu, Nov 10, 2022, 21:02 Pooja Kumari <poojai...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.. Can anyone help me with django templates? Actually I have a registration page where user can signup and data will be saved in admin panel or database but I am not able to do that. Registration page is working when I hit URL but data is not saving in database. Let me know If anyone have idea about this type of project. I'll be very grateful for your help.

DJANGO DEVELOPER

Nov 10, 2022, 11:34:07 AM11/10/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
you need to share the code.no one will be able to help you this way.

Desh Deepak

Nov 10, 2022, 11:47:09 AM11/10/22
to django...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Nov 10, 2022, 9:02 PM Pooja Kumari <poojai...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.. Can anyone help me with django templates? Actually I have a registration page where user can signup and data will be saved in admin panel or database but I am not able to do that. Registration page is working when I hit URL but data is not saving in database. Let me know If anyone have idea about this type of project. I'll be very grateful for your help.

amruth bitla

Nov 10, 2022, 12:38:28 PM11/10/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Ya easy and simple 😄

On Thu, 10 Nov, 2022, 9:03 pm Pooja Kumari, <poojai...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.. Can anyone help me with django templates? Actually I have a registration page where user can signup and data will be saved in admin panel or database but I am not able to do that. Registration page is working when I hit URL but data is not saving in database. Let me know If anyone have idea about this type of project. I'll be very grateful for your help.

Pooja Kumari

Nov 10, 2022, 2:07:35 PM11/10/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Where I have to use save() method? In models or somewhere else?

Chukwudi Onwusa

Nov 10, 2022, 2:46:56 PM11/10/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
If you are using function based view in your views.py . After you must have equated the input values through the name attribute to the instance of the class in your model, then instance.save() before you redirect.
This should be done in the views.py not models.

Mh Raffi

Nov 11, 2022, 12:04:10 AM11/11/22
to django...@googlegroups.com

Pooja Kumari

Nov 11, 2022, 12:19:30 AM11/11/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
I tried many ways but nothing works.
Sorry this code is messed up but hope you get some idea what I'm trying to do.
In views.py
@api_view(['GET', 'POST', ])
def signUpPage(request, format=None):
  #permission_classes = (IsAuthenticated,)
  #authentication_classes = (TokenAuthentication,)
  serializer = AuthTokenSerializer(data=request.data)
  data= {'signUpPage': Employee.objects.all() }
  if request.method == "POST":
    empid=request.POST['empid']
    first_name=request.POST['first_name']
    last_name=request.POST['last_name']
    email=request.POST['email']
    password=request.POST['password']
    phone=request.POST['phone']
    register = NewUserSerializer(data=data, context={'request':request})
    if register.is_valid(raise_exception=True):
      register.save()
      print(register.data)
      #register.save()
  return Response("registration successfully")
  #return JsonResponse(data,template_name='signup.html',content_type="application/json")
'''
  '''
  #@action(detail=False, methods=['post'], name='register')
  def create(self, request):
    """
    Api to registration
    """
    try:
      data = request.data
      print(data)
      email = request.data.get("email")
      user_obj = Employee.objects.filter(email=email)
      print("35 line", user_obj)
      #print("...",user_obj)
      print("demo")
      if user_obj:
        return Response("User Already Exist With This Email Id")
      else:
        #new_user = NewUserSerializer(data=data, context={'request':request})
        #if new_user.is_valid(raise_exception=True):
        #  new_user.save()
        print("42 line")
        new_user = Employee.objects.create(empid=data.get('empid'),first_name=data.get('first_name'),last_name=data.get('last_name'),email=data.get('email'),password=data.get('password'),phone=data.get('phone'))
        print("user",new_user)
        return Response("registration successfully")

    except Exception as e:
      print("hello", str(e))
      return Response( "invalid data")
'''

'''
        name = request.data.get("name","")
        email= request.data.get("email","")'''

"""class UserDetailAPI(APIView):
  authentication_classes = (TokenAuthentication,)
  permission_classes = (AllowAny,)
  def get(self,request,*args,**kwargs):
    user = User.objects.get(id=request.user.id)
    serializer = UserSerializer(user)
    return Response(serializer.data)

#Class based view to register user
class RegisterUserAPIView(generics.CreateAPIView):
  permission_classes = (AllowAny,)
  serializer_class = RegisterSerializer
"""

M Adnan

Nov 15, 2022, 10:46:52 PM11/15/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Join Django developer what's app group link below to discuss Django questions

parmeshwar deharkar

Nov 16, 2022, 8:29:07 AM11/16/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Just visit on www.pythondjango.com
See that page registration access

On Thu, Nov 10, 2022, 9:02 PM Pooja Kumari <poojai...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.. Can anyone help me with django templates? Actually I have a registration page where user can signup and data will be saved in admin panel or database but I am not able to do that. Registration page is working when I hit URL but data is not saving in database. Let me know If anyone have idea about this type of project. I'll be very grateful for your help.

parmeshwar deharkar

Nov 16, 2022, 8:34:11 AM11/16/22
to django...@googlegroups.com

Pooja Kumari