Looking for offline messaging sample app

Ram

Jan 6, 2020, 7:52:41 PM1/6/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We are developing a classifieds module and for which we need to add
1. offline messaging feature so that registered members can submit messages each other
2. messages will be persisted in each member profile's inbox
3. members will be notified in their registered email about new message but not the actual message in the email content
4. This is not an actual chat messaging

I appreciate if someone has implemented this kind of app or what are the possible features/functions available by default in Django FWK so that we can make use of such features.

Best regards,
~Ram

Motaz Hejaze

Jan 7, 2020, 4:42:17 AM1/7/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
By saying "messages" you mean sms ??

Ahmed Ishtiaque

Jan 7, 2020, 6:40:15 AM1/7/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
I had used django-postman for a similar use case. It's not been worked on for quite some time now, but it was fully functional the last time I'd used it.

Dev Joshi

Jan 7, 2020, 7:24:42 AM1/7/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Well, I am also new to django. I have made an app that is like a mail service( Not totally but you can exchange messages). So you can look at the repo on github for reference. I AM STILL UPDATING THIS PROJECT SO DON'T EXPECT IT TO BE TOTALLY BUG FREE.

Hope you find it usefull.

Regards

Ram

Jan 7, 2020, 1:12:54 PM1/7/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you all. Let me add my answers to each one as follows.

@Motaz: Messages mean not SMS. It is only offline message. Let me add the process here . Interested party contact Classified Ad owner by submitting a message by clicking contact button for that Ad > then Ad owner get notified by registered email saying that you have a message for your Ad > then Ad owner come back to the site where ever he/she posted the Ad and checked the message > further communication will happen in the same loop until buy/sell transaction completes.

@Ahmed :  We checked django-postman app but this does not have settings.py to built as a sample project. If you have latest working one, we would like to create a project and review the source code.

@Dev: Let us look at your MailService too.

Best regards,
~Ram