Exception value name is not defined

Kean

Aug 15, 2019, 2:06:55 PM8/15/19
to Django users
Hi,

I have written the following code in views.py

def editremovebusiness(request):
data = Businessownercreate.objects.all()
context = {
'Creator': obj.Creator,
'Micro_Small_Medium': obj.Micro_Small_Medium,
}
return render(request, 'editremovebusiness.html', context={"data":data})

when I save it and check the url

it returns

Exception Type:NameError
Exception Value:
name 'obj' is not defined

Is anyone familiar with this issue, please advise cause and fix?

Best,

RONAK JAIN

Aug 15, 2019, 2:45:36 PM8/15/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hey Kean,

What is the object here?

N'BE SORO

Kean

Aug 15, 2019, 3:04:59 PM8/15/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi N’BE,

Thanks, the code worked, the problem is I wanted to use the context to return all objects in the database to
the defined html view,

However, I am still  only getting the self defined str and returning to view, is there any way to get all records in the table to display?

Best,

Kea

N'BE SORO

Aug 15, 2019, 3:21:49 PM8/15/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
you want to send what model on your view?

Kean

Aug 15, 2019, 3:29:03 PM8/15/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi N’BE,

If I have 6 objects in my dbase model, I would want all six to be returned to the view, via template.

However, the code you sent is only returning 1 object, so i am missing 5

how can I  use the view code, to ensure all 6 are returned o the template?

Best,

N'BE SORO

Aug 15, 2019, 3:38:13 PM8/15/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Ok.

Simple exemple.

data_1 = Model_1.objects.all()
data_2 = Model_2.objects.all()
data_3 = Model_3.objects.all()
data_4 = Model_4.objects.all()
data_5 = Model_5.objects.all()
data_6 = Model_6.objects.all()

context = {

   'data_1':  data_1,
   'data_2':  data_2,
   'data_3':  data_3,
   'data_4':  data_4,
   'data_5':  data_5,
   'data_6':  data_6,
}

return render(request, 'yourpage.html, context)

####

Replaces Model_1 ... Model_6 by your models you want to send in your view.

Invite your template use data_1,..., data_6

Kean

Aug 15, 2019, 3:56:58 PM8/15/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi, N’BE,

The code you sent, when i apply using my model and substitute the objects for those defined in my model, in the context, the browser,  throws up unidentified error for the object defined in the context, i.e. my object name.

Please see example below which better explains what I am trying to achieve:

Example,

I have one table in models,

Models.py

class Test(request):
Name = models.CharField(max_length=10)
Surname = models.CharField(max_length=10)
Father_name = models.CharField(max_length=10)
Mother_name = models.CharField(max_length=10)
Brother_name = models.CharField(max_length=10)
Sister_name = models.CharField(max_length=10)

 def__self__(self):
return self. name

------
When I use your “working' code in views

I only see the result of one object: Name: John Smith

I would like to see the results of all the objects stored in the database: Name: John Smith, Father name: Sam Smith,
Mother name: Angela Smith, Brother name: James Smith and Sister name: Sarah Smith.

All 6 objects, would need to appear in the view,

Is there a way to code this?

Best,

N'BE SORO

Aug 15, 2019, 4:30:26 PM8/15/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Ok.

Use this code:

data = Test.objects.all()

context = {
    'data': data,
}

in Your template use:

data.broname

N'BE SORO

Aug 15, 2019, 4:49:07 PM8/15/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
I'll put an example on GitHub and send you the link

Kean

Aug 15, 2019, 4:49:58 PM8/15/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

Hi, pls see the result of the code, no objects, just the ID number, and the model name, plus query set,
not sure what issue is here.

N'BE SORO

Aug 15, 2019, 4:55:51 PM8/15/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
This is normal in the view.py file is what appears. Now if you want to use the data in the template You must use a loop to browse the items. I will send you a Github link or I will better explain.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 21.46.47.png

N'BE SORO

Aug 15, 2019, 5:14:41 PM8/15/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

Tosin Ayoola

Aug 16, 2019, 4:39:56 AM8/16/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Can u screenshot d error,  that will b more explanatory

Kean Dumba

Aug 16, 2019, 7:32:34 AM8/16/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi N’BE,