New Add-On: Django Model Lifecycle Hooks

Robert Singer

Mar 31, 2018, 2:51:24 PM3/31/18
to Django users
Hey there -

I just wanted to let community know about a small add-on I wrote in order to add Rails-style hooks/callbacks to Django models.

Feedback welcome and appreciated :)

Cheers.

George Silva

Mar 31, 2018, 3:19:31 PM3/31/18
to django-users
From Reading the readme this looks promising.

Congrats!

I might use this soon.

ache...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2018, 4:33:28 PM3/31/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Very interesting! Good job. Is this module supported in 1.11?

Sent from my iPhone

Robert Singer

Mar 31, 2018, 5:54:43 PM3/31/18
to Django users

Thanks! Yup, should be compatible with Django 1.11.

It is only compatible with Python 3.4 and up, though. There is no binding technical reason for this - it's just what my organization uses and I've been in habit of using type annotations.

So if there is demand for Python 2.7 compatibility, I can certainly add it.

Jani Tiainen

Apr 1, 2018, 4:49:04 AM4/1/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Quite interesting feature have to say. You should use tox to run tests against different versions of Django/Python to make it easier to make it compatible easier.

I would like to see compatibilities with 1.11 and 2.0 since 1.11 is LTS and 2.0 is latest supported.

But it's a great start.

Jani Tiainen

- Well planned is half done, and a half done has been sufficient before...

Robert Singer

Apr 3, 2018, 9:53:12 PM4/3/18
to Django users
Hello,

Thanks to Jani Tiainen, the library now supports Django 1.8 and up, and has more robust testing using tox.