TypeError: 'str' object is not callable

Salima Begum

Aug 30, 2021, 11:58:54 PM8/30/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
In my project for each functionality I have written code for confirmation messages. For example
```
messages.success("Your ad is successfully posted")
```
Every functionality is breaking because of confirmation messages after deployment. How to fix it? Can anyone help me?

Thank you
~Salima

Thomas Lockhart

Aug 31, 2021, 12:01:35 AM8/31/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Just guessing that you need to write

messages.success = “Your ad is successfully posted”

But without more information from you that is only a guess.

How is messages.success defined?

- Tom

Jacob Greene

Aug 31, 2021, 12:30:04 AM8/31/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
You need to pass the request object as the first argument.

Salima Begum

Aug 31, 2021, 12:50:33 AM8/31/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

The way I defined how i have written code for confirmation message
```
        messages.success(request, """Your Ad is successfully posted.""")
```
Thank you
~Salima

Salima Begum

Aug 31, 2021, 1:03:23 AM8/31/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Thank you for your response.
 I have defined as below  I have mentioned snippet in all functionalities i am getting error in every functionality  " 'str' object is not callable ".Please help me to fix this issue.

```
        messages.success(request, """Your Ad is successfully posted.""")
```
Thank you
~Salima

Lalit Suthar

Aug 31, 2021, 1:52:29 AM8/31/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
go like this

messages.add_message(request, messages.WARNING, "failure message")
return HttpResponse / render

Salima Begum

Aug 31, 2021, 1:57:58 AM8/31/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Actually this error is prompting because in my deployment site I am using django version 3.2. In this version they have some issue with messages so,  I referred to this document and I fixed it by adding one line in the settings.py file.

Lalit Suthar

Sep 2, 2021, 12:57:45 AM9/2/21
to django...@googlegroups.com

Salima Begum

Sep 14, 2021, 12:24:18 AM9/14/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 In my project for success confirmation messages I am using the Messages framework from Django. Here I am always getting errors in deployment server.

After deploying site.when i am continuously testing site. After some time I am getting the 'str' object is not callable error is raised. for success confirmation messages.
In views.py we are defining confirmation messages.
```
 messages.success(request, "Item is successfully removed.")

```
In settings.py
```
MESSAGE_STORAGE = 'django.contrib.messages.storage.cookie.CookieStorage'
MESSAGE_LEVEL = message_constants.DEBUG
```

Django version 3.2.7

Can anyone please help me. how to fix this error I am facing this issue from long time back again and again same issue is raising. where I am going wrong i am not understanding could you please help me to fix this issue.

Thanks
~Salima