Django Channels

Yeddu Prasad

Nov 4, 2020, 3:54:35 AM11/4/20
to Django users
Hi all, I am trying to learn to setup a django chat using channels. I tried the Channels tutorial at https://channels.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html and got into some issues. My issue is as below.

When 1st browser joins a room it works just fine. But the moment a new browser session joins the same room, the first session does not get the messages and 2 messages are sent to the latest browser session.

If a third browser session joins the room, 1st and 2nd session don't get the messages and the third session gets all the 3 messages.

I followed every step meticulously but not able to fix the issue.

Can anyone guide me please.

Damanjeet Singh

Nov 5, 2020, 8:56:52 AM11/5/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Please add console.log() in html page and check when client was connected and disconnected. I confirm chat message example works good.

Regards