deploying on windows

Larry Martell

Aug 12, 2017, 2:06:58 PM8/12/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
I have a django app that runs in linux. It uses nginx and uwsgi. I
have successfully deployed it with Docker, vagrant/VirtualBox, VMware,
kvm, and on bare metal. But now I have prospective client that refuses
to run linux, even in a VM. So I am tying to get my app running on
Windows Server 2016, piece by painful piece.

From what I have read nginx and uwsgi cannot be used on Windows. Is
that indeed true? Is my only option apache and mod_wsgi?

Jani Tiainen

Aug 12, 2017, 2:16:32 PM8/12/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
Certain version of IIS does have native WSGI support.

Couldn't find it with my phone but google should help you with that.

Larry Martell

Aug 12, 2017, 2:18:41 PM8/12/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
I have experience with apache (not on windows), but none at all with
IIS. Don't think I want to go down that route.

Avraham Serour

Aug 12, 2017, 6:19:54 PM8/12/17
to django-users
I had to deploy django on windows once, after trying some different options I ended up installing cygwin and compiling uwsgi and nginx inside cygwin.
Bonus you can use the same scripts to manage, you can ssh to the machine and run bash

You could also try WSL, which is the same as cygwin but new (and official)