Headless testing

Nathan

Oct 12, 2016, 3:53:26 PM10/12/16
to Django users
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has an suggestions for headless django testing - any configuration tips or links would be helpful.

My site is django 1.8 and we make extensive use of jquery on the frontend. Using phantomjs driver with liveserver test hasn't worked out well.

Avraham Serour

Oct 12, 2016, 10:13:11 PM10/12/16
to django-users
Hi,

In Linux you can just use selenium chrome or firefox or anything and set up xfvb for headless, I have no idea if such a thing is possible in windows.

In either you can set up a selenium server so the machine running the tests will connect remotely to the machine running the browser, you can either set up this on your own or use https://saucelabs.com/ as a service

Mike Dewhirst

Oct 12, 2016, 10:22:19 PM10/12/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
There is also BuildBot which can be programmed to do anything on
multiple client/slaves running any OS

http://buildbot.net/