Help to implement custome user login

Rinki Prasad

Aug 5, 2022, 9:59:46 AM8/5/22
to Django users
Hi team ,
Actually i want to implement custom model in Django Like i want that the user should not register.Directly i want that he should login through mobile and otp  instead of username and password, and the same data should be store in database so how can i do this with django?Actually i have tried a lot but still not able to change the fields of username and password of djangol auth_model to mobile

Lakshyaraj Dash

Aug 5, 2022, 10:18:57 AM8/5/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
You can add fields to the default django user model by using the AbstractUser class from django.contrib.auth.models, you can't change the default fields. Rather you'll need to write your custom user model containing OTP and mobile number instead of username or password.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022, 19:29 Rinki Prasad <prasad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi team ,
Actually i want to implement custom model in Django Like i want that the user should not register.Directly i want that he should login through mobile and otp  instead of username and password, and the same data should be store in database so how can i do this with django?Actually i have tried a lot but still not able to change the fields of username and password of djangol auth_model to mobile

Satyajit Barik

Aug 5, 2022, 11:43:19 AM8/5/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Join in Whatsapp python group to solve your problem using the below link:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bq2jcxLJVG50v9Wbkvz6Vy

[Membership benefits] Here are some great perks you get for becoming a member:
* Ask your python & django related problems: get quick possible answer.
* Friendly environment: you can learn python & django from core.
* Daily Python Assignment exercise.

Lakshyaraj Dash

Aug 5, 2022, 12:07:05 PM8/5/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hey you... Instead of helping that guy, you're just creating a monopoly. You want that everyone would ask questions in your group, then why this Google groups has been created by django???

Bhoopesh sisoudiya

Aug 5, 2022, 12:47:40 PM8/5/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

No needs to go in any whatsapp group or wasting time because time is very important.
This group have sufficient resources for helping each other.

If you want master in any framework go on original site and read document carefully if you don't have basic knowledge then purchase a course from any course site.

In previous mail exact solution provided by
Lakshyaraj as you need.

I have already done this multiple time.

Thanks
Bhoopesh Sisoudiya

Lakshyaraj Dash

Aug 5, 2022, 12:51:04 PM8/5/22
to django...@googlegroups.com

Lakshyaraj Dash

Aug 5, 2022, 12:51:45 PM8/5/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
This course is absolutely free and amazing.

Satyajit Barik

Aug 5, 2022, 1:38:31 PM8/5/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

We do not spam anything or waste anyone's time, We try our best to help others. In our WhatsApp group, there are the many active senior mentors are present. we give our best to solve any kind of problem related to python and django.
It's kind of open source.

Thanks,

vijay chourey

Aug 5, 2022, 4:01:13 PM8/5/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Even you can extend your user modle and can store your extra fields and OTP verification field. It's posible to change your email to phone based login.

Lakshyaraj Dash

Aug 5, 2022, 7:05:19 PM8/5/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Dear mr Vijay
You do not need to store the OTP. You just need the phone number and check if the OTP is correct or not. Yes, if you're implementing a dual verification system, then you can store the OTP.

Satyajit Barik

Aug 5, 2022, 11:38:23 PM8/5/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it’s possible. While registration, when user sign up with his/her email then keep mobile_number=email , when user sign up with his/her mobile_number then keep mobile_number=mobile_number. And then generate the otp and send it to their respective email/mobile_number.

Samuel Alie Mansaray

Aug 9, 2022, 10:57:01 AM8/9/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
How to add apps in django new version?