Recommended way for directory layout?

guettli

Oct 25, 2020, 5:28:11 AM10/25/20
to Django users
I want to maintain a very simple Django App at github.

Is there an "officially" recommended way to structure the directory layout?

There are several blog posts and article about this.

Wouldn't it be nice if the django docs would contain a recommendation?

Regards,
  Thomas

ysajid

Oct 25, 2020, 5:55:28 AM10/25/20
to django...@googlegroups.com, guettli

You can check this one -> https://cookiecutter-django.readthedocs.io/

This is pretty commonly used in many projects.

Ankit Mitra YT

Oct 25, 2020, 1:07:19 PM10/25/20
to Django users
Ya ,I'm also thinking the same

guettli

Oct 26, 2020, 11:17:10 AM10/26/20
to Django users
cookiecutter does many things. For me this is way too much.

I was looking for a **simple** guideline how to structure a simple Django App at github.

But nevertheless thank you for your reply.

dupakoor kannan

Oct 26, 2020, 12:16:40 PM10/26/20
to django...@googlegroups.com