django-php - yeah, it happened.

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]

Feb 27, 2014, 6:30:49 PM2/27/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Clearly this should be considered for merge into the core;

The really sad part: someone somewhere *will* use this in production, and be totally srs about it.

Excuse me whilst I cry myself to sleep.

Cal

Antoni Aloy

Feb 28, 2014, 4:28:49 AM2/28/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
:D

Antoni Aloy López
Blog: http://trespams.com
Site: http://apsl.net

Nevio Vesic

Feb 28, 2014, 4:54:54 AM2/28/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
WTF lol @Cal, you made my morning!

Scott Anderson

Feb 28, 2014, 10:16:58 AM2/28/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Well, things like Twig are based on Django templates. We're currently migrating from PHP to Django, and if something like Django-PHP made that easier I would most definitely use it.

To be honest I wish there were a Twig-like solution for Django. We're going to try adding the missing tags to the Django template system to match what we're using in Twig.

-scott

Rafał Pitoń

Feb 28, 2014, 1:49:34 PM2/28/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Really? You bring up three years old toy project that didn't went anywhere and mock somebody's work because PHP's involved? Thats bad form OP.

Rafał Pitoń

Feb 28, 2014, 1:51:36 PM2/28/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, February 28, 2014 4:16:58 PM UTC+1, Scott Anderson wrote:
Well, things like Twig are based on Django templates. We're currently migrating from PHP to Django, and if something like Django-PHP made that easier I would most definitely use it.

To be honest I wish there were a Twig-like solution for Django. We're going to try adding the missing tags to the Django template system to match what we're using in Twig.

-scott

You should give Jinja and projects like django-jinja a look then. They are exactly what you want: Twig like template system for Django.

Scott Anderson

Feb 28, 2014, 2:34:34 PM2/28/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 28, 2014, at 1:51 PM, Rafał Pitoń <rafio...@gmail.com> wrote:

You should give Jinja and projects like django-jinja a look then. They are exactly what you want: Twig like template system for Django.

Thanks, but that’s not the piece I need. I’m happy with Django’s templates and I want to use them in JavaScript like Twig allows. Unfortunately Twig is just different enough to Not Work out of the box.

Swig might get us there (http://paularmstrong.github.io/swig/), but I haven’t looked into it enough.

-scott

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]

Feb 28, 2014, 3:28:07 PM2/28/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
The post was actually meant to be humorous, albeit dry :)

But if it makes you any happier, I'd have been just as sad if it was django-java, django-rails, django-ruby or django-insert-whatever-language-you-want-here. On a serious thought, my opposition isn't against PHP, despite my disliking for it, it's the principle in general.

Cal