Connecting to an established MS SQL database

David McDonald

May 5, 2016, 3:36:45 PM5/5/16
to Django users
Hello, I am very new to Django and have an idea for an application at work.

We have an already established MS SQL database, that I have a read only user for.

Is there any way I can connect to this database and retrieve data from it, once I have retrieved it, I would like to connect to another MS SQL database and perform some actions on the data so this new database may be queried via a website.

Is the above even possible?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Dave

Larry Martell

May 6, 2016, 6:38:47 AM5/6/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
There are django-mssql and django_pyodbc but I was never able to get
either of those to work for me. I ended up using odbc - I couldn't use
the ORM, but I still was able to connect to the MSSQL DB from my
django app using raw queries.