best option for Front End Design in Django

Balaji Shetty

Sep 26, 2019, 4:23:31 AM9/26/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Can anybody please tell me what are the different options to create GUI (User Interface ) for Front End in Django.

I got answer like Angularjs, Nodejs, HTML5 or CSS.

Which one is easier as well as mobile compatible if we need to develop mobile App also.

--
Mr. Shetty Balaji S.
Asst. Professor

tribhuvan kishor

Sep 26, 2019, 4:30:51 AM9/26/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
One is not enough.
You need to learn at least HTML
Any of js relevant technology.
Like js, jquery, angular,
And for designing or making you html pages much impressive you need
CSS
By the way all are very easy.

Suraj Thapa FC

Sep 26, 2019, 4:48:30 AM9/26/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
React

Pengyu Cao

Nick Sarbicki

Sep 26, 2019, 6:59:12 AM9/26/19
to Django users
Honestly whilst everyone is recommending react/angular etc. I'd argue these are probably the worst places to start. It assumed a lot of up front knowledge and ability in web design.

Balaji has strongly suggested that they don't have a good grasp of the basics yet, HTML, CSS and vanilla JavaScript. Throwing out relatively advanced JS solutions does not solve this problem.

Balaji I'd recommend picking up some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS first - this will get you started building rudimentary websites and is essential knowledge for practically all web development. You must learn these before anything else.

Once you have some understanding of how these work take a basic course in JavaScript - which is what powers most of the modern web (through using HTML and CSS). If you start feeling comfortable with that I'd recommend looking up a framework, React, Angular and Vue are the normal recommendations. I'd personally go with React for the sole reason that it is - comparatively quite simple to pick up (once you understand JavaScript) and also very commonly used with strong community support.

In terms of turning this into an app down the road... Apps and web sites are not directly comparable. There are multiple ways of approaching converting a website into an app but most are relatively advanced. I would focus on what you are doing now before thinking about that journey.

- Nick

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/2cb3770f-e754-44b2-8ff7-79dac39cd37b%40googlegroups.com.

Balaji Shetty

Sep 26, 2019, 9:19:07 AM9/26/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thank You all for Your Reply

I know HTML,CSS, javaScript as well as Django.
I want to create professional user friendly GUI and using REST framework, i will create Mobile App.

dheeraj technoevanglist

Sep 26, 2019, 9:45:04 AM9/26/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Totally agreed Django applies separation of concern so start with html basics or make back end first and test it through the post man.

Ankita Gupta

Sep 26, 2019, 9:59:57 AM9/26/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
What is post-man? Can you explain it little more?

dheeraj technoevanglist

Sep 26, 2019, 10:06:33 AM9/26/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Postman is a tool on which we can request with the parameters, for example we have a web application contains backed code and front end code you can create backed alone and instead of html web page you can use postman to execute the backed and get HTML output on postman

Balaji Shetty

Sep 27, 2019, 6:43:08 AM9/27/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Can you please give me some good resources to learn and understand Postman.

Deep Sukhwani

Sep 27, 2019, 11:27:01 PM9/27/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Any basic tutorial (the ones listed on Postman's website too) should be good to use. If you really want a step by step guide, check this tutorial on guru99.com

An appropriate approach would be to understand the basics of ReST and how ReST APIs work, make some sample requests using tools like cURL, wget, etc. and postman, in a very simplified way, is just a UI tool to make HTTP requests.

Hope this helps

--
Regards
Deep L Sukhwani