carol caro

Mar 30, 2019, 10:12:50 AM3/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello. I am a new or beginner django developer. Where do I start from.... I have installed python and integrated with Django framework but I don't know what to do next

Gil Obradors

Mar 30, 2019, 10:19:56 AM3/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carol,

The next, for example, can be doing all the official tutorial : https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.1/intro/tutorial01/#
This was my way

There are books too, I recommend you this editorial: https://www.packtpub.com/

Good luck!!

Missatge de carol caro <carol...@gmail.com> del dia ds., 30 de març 2019 a les 15:12:
Hello. I am a new or beginner django developer. Where do I start from.... I have installed python and integrated with Django framework but I don't know what to do next

Jose Echenique

Mar 30, 2019, 10:51:12 AM3/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

Victor H. Velasquez Rizo

Mar 30, 2019, 2:20:53 PM3/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 9:12 AM carol caro <carol...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello. I am a new or beginner django developer. Where do I start from.... I have installed python and integrated with Django framework but I don't know what to do next

Atte...,.
Vìctor Hugo Velàsquez Rizo
Cali - Colombia

John

Mar 30, 2019, 2:32:56 PM3/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Good evening

I've created and activated venv like this:
$ python3 -m venv <new>
$ source <new>/bin/activate

Now Ive ‘deactivate’ the venv

How do I re-activate please?

🙏

Gil Obradors

Mar 30, 2019, 2:36:30 PM3/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
You do it: source <new>/bin/activate

Missatge de John <johncr...@gmail.com> del dia ds., 30 de març 2019 a les 19:32:

Victor H. Velasquez Rizo

Mar 30, 2019, 2:56:20 PM3/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello John:
You have to be in the folder where the enviroment was created, then type
source <new>/bin/activate

Gurmeet Kaur

Mar 30, 2019, 3:00:53 PM3/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Go to scripts/activate.bat. it shud activate the ebv

Nanjuki Saidat

Mar 30, 2019, 6:26:58 PM3/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I am Saidat a new django developer, i need help on how to go about this  " Change admin portal URL to more obvious path and add link in side menu to admin settings for admin users". In summary:

  1.  i want to change URL string to more intuitive URL (i.e. fhp.example.com/drunken-octo-lama/ to fhp.example.com/admin/)
  2. If a user is an admin user, show a link in the side menu to access admin settings page.
   Thanks.

Makori Breens

Mar 30, 2019, 8:50:35 PM3/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
http://track.haatm.com/aff_c?offer_id=919&aff_id=29710

On 3/30/19, Victor H. Velasquez Rizo <rizo....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Carol.
>
> Try this
> https://tutorial.djangogirls.org/en/
>
> On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 9:12 AM carol caro <carol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello. I am a new or beginner django developer. Where do I start from....
>> I have installed python and integrated with Django framework but I don't
>> know what to do next
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAN%2Bowc-S7n3OX0jc_fLjro6unDSNZJU4yGbYsxTLGeh55%3DFQvA%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAN%2Bowc-S7n3OX0jc_fLjro6unDSNZJU4yGbYsxTLGeh55%3DFQvA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> Atte...,.
> Vìctor Hugo Velàsquez Rizo
> Cali - Colombia

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFCXTzjxXSzeP8KQEWeV%2BCnVOZEHPinh08iCN1a1jYWpNcf4Xw%40mail.gmail.com.

Chetan Ganji

Mar 30, 2019, 9:57:09 PM3/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Best way to learn coding n framework is to build a project. I have taken courses from various vendors, best ones are the one from Coding For Entrepreneurs. He also has a youtube channel. Start with try django 1.8

PASCUAL Eric

Apr 2, 2019, 4:12:47 AM4/2/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

pyenv (https://github.com/pyenv/pyenv) offers a simpler way for activating/deactivating venvs, by managing this automatically for you based on where you are located in the file tree.

Before focusing on this feature, you must know that pyenv does far more than managing virtualenvs, since it lets you manage also different versions and implementations (e.g. CPython, PyPy...) of Python interpreter, whatever is the ones installed on your system.

This feature is very useful in several situations, among which :
  • testing a different Python version than the ones installed, without taking any risk of tampering your system or needing for a virtual machine
  • when targeting containerized applications (in which you are free to choose whatever Python version you want/need in the container, without any concern about the host environment), being able to work in the exact same context as the production one
Of course, you can create virtualenvs as usual with pyenv, for any Python version installed under its control.

It also lets you set which Python version or virtualenv must be used in a given project or workspace. As soon as you cd in the corresponding file tree, pyenv will automatically activate the right virtualenv (and deactivate the active one if any) and the associated Python interpreter. It does the reverse (i.e. deactivating it) when leaving the tree. The magic is done by storing the Python interpreter or virtualenv name in a hidden file (namely .python-version) at the root of the related file tree. The pyenv shell plugins look for this file by climbing the file tree when you navigate in the dirs and does what it has to do accordingly.

What's very important is that pyenv does not touch a bit of your system wide Python interpreters, but uses a mechanism of shims to masquerade them and redirect the flow to installations located under your home dir.

Even if you don't play with different Python version, IMHO pyenv deserves a look, if only for its automatic virtualenv switching capability.

PS: I'm not affiliated in anyway with pyenv creators, but just a happy user for a while now 🙂

Best

Eric