help

Tosin Ayoola

Apr 29, 2019, 10:14:27 AM4/29/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
sup guys, i'm kinda lost and need help, i'm working on an electronic noticeboard and course ware web app using django and i'm trying to have a section on the notice board to show the listed of the most read news, using the assignment tag, but with django ver 2.2 it seems not to be available, can anyone help out

Britto .

Apr 29, 2019, 11:09:00 AM4/29/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Cannot understand your problem. Please describe it clearly or share the code zipped.

Regards
Britto

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 at 19:44, Tosin Ayoola <tosina...@gmail.com> wrote:
sup guys, i'm kinda lost and need help, i'm working on an electronic noticeboard and course ware web app using django and i'm trying to have a section on the notice board to show the listed of the most read news, using the assignment tag, but with django ver 2.2 it seems not to be available, can anyone help out

Nick Sarbicki

Apr 29, 2019, 11:11:50 AM4/29/19
to Django users
Hi Tosin,

The assignment tag was deprecated in 1.9 and removed in 2.0.

Basically it has been replaced with simple_tag. You should read the docs for that here: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/howto/custom-template-tags/#simple-tags

- Nick

Omer Ozsakarya

Apr 29, 2019, 11:19:53 AM4/29/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

How are you deploying your Django applications with Docker?
1- Which packages, libraries are you writing into docker compose file?
2- Are you also using a virtual environment with docker?

Thanks

Nick Sarbicki

Apr 29, 2019, 12:12:13 PM4/29/19
to Django users
Hi Omer,

Docker actually has docs on this itself: https://docs.docker.com/compose/django/

- Nick

Tosin Ayoola

Apr 29, 2019, 12:43:09 PM4/29/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
i want to creat an assignment template tag to allow me create a link on a project i am working on but rite now it seems i can't use the django assignment template tags, but now the tag has been removed in django version > 2 is there a way i can do it.

Tosin Ayoola

Apr 29, 2019, 12:45:48 PM4/29/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
hello Nick,
so is there a way i can get pass this, cause i really need to get a link to show the list of the most read information,

Daniel Roseman

Apr 29, 2019, 1:48:53 PM4/29/19
to Django users
On Monday, 29 April 2019 17:45:48 UTC+1, Tosin Ayoola wrote:
hello Nick,
so is there a way i can get pass this, cause i really need to get a link to show the list of the most read information,

Nick told you exactly what to do. assignment_tag has been replaced by simple_tag.
--
DR.

Andréas Kühne

Apr 30, 2019, 7:40:06 AM4/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Omer,

I deploy using the latest version of the 3.7 python docker image. Then we add all of the requirements into the docker container - without a virtual environment. Because the docker image will only run the django application, there is no need for creating a virtual environment. If I need another application I create another docker image.

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards,

Andréas