ALBERT ASHABA AHEEBWA

Jan 1, 2023, 3:55:40 PM1/1/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to host my Django app on linode for the last 3 days. I have tried every tutorial I could find on both google and YouTube. But nothing seems to work .

The furthest I have gone is 502 BAD GATEWAY nginx...

Can someone point me to a straight forward solution.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Albert Ashaba Aheebwa
+256 781 435857

Ryan Nowakowski

Jan 1, 2023, 9:09:39 PM1/1/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
When you enable debug logging in nginx do you see any other helpful info?

ALBERT ASHABA AHEEBWA

Jan 1, 2023, 9:48:07 PM1/1/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
No, I don't know how to enable that just yet. I am going to look into it. Am very new to web development and just finished about 3 - 4 Django practice apps.

Thought I could learn how to host the apps before I can start working on my portfolio and resume site.

Best Regards,

Albert Ashaba Aheebwa
+256 781 435857

Alex Sonar

Jan 2, 2023, 8:34:59 AM1/2/23
to Django users
Hi Ryan!
1. Could you share the Nginx config you are using for it?
2. Please describe the parts of the chain you are using like WSGI > Gunicorn > Supervisor > Nginx?
3. Please share the WSGI console output of the application.