GeoDjango Hosting

lone...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2023, 6:45:30 PM11/15/23
to Django users
Hello all,

    I am looking for a webhosting service that allows me to install qgis software packages on the webhost.  My preferred hosts are either Ubuntu or Debian.  Anyone know of any good solutions?

Thank you.

OSP PRO

Nov 16, 2023, 12:16:25 AM11/16/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
create account with https://osphosting.com

Sebastian Jung

Nov 16, 2023, 1:35:09 AM11/16/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Take a VPS when you don't need hugh amount of ressources. We have in germany netcup atarts with 3,25€ with 40 GB ssd and you can install every OS what you want or when you need much more ressources then a root server with dedicate CPU. Starts from around 10€ per month with 4 high end cores, i think 6 gb ram and 80GB ssd.

Netcup is a very good Provider.

Regards

Ernest Okiya

Nov 16, 2023, 9:17:59 AM11/16/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello. GCP will work best for you. Try it out

IKT Service

Nov 16, 2023, 10:36:07 AM11/16/23
to django...@googlegroups.com

Sebastian Jung

Nov 16, 2023, 10:39:18 AM11/16/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
No no please don't go to digital ocean..
 I know many people how have much problems... No dedicated cpu.. no fix ressources... No go...

ch...@routh.io

Nov 16, 2023, 11:04:15 AM11/16/23
to Django users

Linode or Digital Ocean or Vultr

Deploy vanilla linux and get your hands dirty, or use a one click deploy of a familiar stack like Cpanel and then modify the host as you like. And once you're on one of these providers if you want to move to containers or leverage object storage or managed databases, it's all there.

Cheers,

Chris Routh

ch...@routh.io

Nov 16, 2023, 11:05:33 AM11/16/23
to Django users
Sorry but this sounds like a problem with the user. DO has dedicated node types if you look through the catalog.