What makes the images deletion from the media folder?

Ram

Mar 23, 2023, 11:05:46 PM3/23/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are seeing weird issue that images are deleted between deployments in our Dev. server and we are seeing this message in log files:

example:

WARNING 2023-03-10 07:03:16,927 - Not Found: /media/cl_1zf3am8.JPG

Could someone let me know what could be the issue?

Best regards,
~Ram

David Nugent

Mar 24, 2023, 12:34:44 AM3/24/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Are you using Django in a docker container?

If so, any changes to the filesystem are ephemeral and disappear when the container is recycled.

Regards,
David

Mar 30, 2023, 12:39:41 PM3/30/23
to Django users
Hello David,

We are not using a docker container but our server is a dedicated cloud instance.

Best regards,
~Ram

Ryan Nowakowski

Apr 1, 2023, 12:28:41 PM4/1/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Describe your deployment steps

Ram

Apr 1, 2023, 11:13:30 PM4/1/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

Here is our development server configuration:

1. We use Digital Ocean droplet with a static IP
2. Using Jenkins automation repository will be pulled, deployed and run migrations

2.1. git pull
2.2. created virtual environment
2.3. pip install -r requirements.txt
2.4. python manage.py makemigrations
2.5. python manage.py migrate
2.6. python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000
2.7. deployment is successfully completed.

We are using the same steps all the time before in Jenkins automation and did not change anything in the above deployment steps, but we are not able to find any clue yet.

Best regards,
~Ram

Tukwasi Ugwuanyi

Apr 2, 2023, 10:26:57 AM4/2/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Good morning guys ,how can I write code to send email to a user to auth him when registing

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2BOi5F0HO%3DdT87vGV6edgHP3cDo-uWndwGv0m9GQLrRaSk_4og%40mail.gmail.com.

David Nugent

Apr 2, 2023, 9:38:21 PM4/2/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
so where are the uploads stored? this looks like a “from scratch” deployment, and presumably there is a separate and persistent database, but is there a persistent store for uploads as well?
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2BOi5F0HO%3DdT87vGV6edgHP3cDo-uWndwGv0m9GQLrRaSk_4og%40mail.gmail.com.

Ryan Nowakowski

Apr 3, 2023, 9:34:49 AM4/3/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Is your media folder checked into git?

Ryan Nowakowski

Apr 3, 2023, 9:36:36 AM4/3/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Start a new thread instead of hijacking this one?