django-oscar customisation

Hervé Edorh

Nov 22, 2021, 3:23:28 AM11/22/21
to Django users
Hi,
I am new to django-oscar and i try to understand the structure of oscar. i have read many times the documentation but i think there is something i don't understand.
I fork the template and customise the layout.html, base.html. but how can i build my own first page, i don't see an index.html...

Ryan Nowakowski

Dec 9, 2021, 9:47:11 PM12/9/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Try running the sandbox application:

https://django-oscar.readthedocs.io/en/stable/internals/sandbox.html

Then you can poke around that sandbox code and see how they did things.

Julio Cojom

Dec 9, 2021, 11:05:22 PM12/9/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
You need to fork the app and create a similar protect structure inside your forked app, then you can start customizing.

Django Oscar isn't an easy way to start with Django