about tutorial "app reusable section" issue

Xuanbei Lu

Apr 30, 2017, 10:20:34 AM4/30/17
to Django users
Hi Django experts,

I'm new to django. I followed up the tutorial and everything is right on the way until the re-use app section. According to the tutorial, after packaging and installing the polls app using pip, I removed the directory 'polls' in 'mysite'. Then when I try to run "python manage.py runserver", it reported error as "No module named 'polls'". I just do exactly the same things as the tutorial said, could any one share me with some experience about the root cause?

thank you in advance!!

xuanbei

Abraham Varricatt

May 1, 2017, 9:23:48 PM5/1/17
to Django users
Hello Xuanbei,

You are most likely getting that erro because you still have 'polls' mentioned inside INSTALLED_APPS within your settings.py file.

On a different note, can you link to the tutorial you are following? I don't recall the official django tutorial instructing to install polls via pip. Instead, the tutorial teaches you to build the polls app.

Yours,
Abraham V.