Push notifications in Django

harsh.rathore14

Jun 27, 2015, 11:51:36 PM6/27/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
I am Rails developer and new to Django. I want to build an Webapp which will have push notification on comments, mentions etc. Is it possible in Django or I should move to node.js

Avraham Serour

Jun 28, 2015, 9:43:21 AM6/28/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
no, no

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 6:21 AM, harsh.rathore14 <harsh.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am Rails developer and new to Django. I want to build an Webapp which will have push notification on comments, mentions etc. Is it possible in Django or I should move to node.js

Maksim Sokolski

Jun 28, 2015, 11:05:09 AM6/28/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
You can implement push-notifications with django+tornado+websockets.

Leon Han

Jul 7, 2015, 6:02:40 AM7/7/15
to django...@googlegroups.com

EventSource+StreamingHttpResponse ?
I am not sure.

在 2015年6月28日星期日 UTC+8上午11:51:36,harsh.rathore14写道:

Ajay M

Jul 7, 2015, 9:19:35 AM7/7/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
It is possible. You can send push notifications in django, using django-pushnotifications app.

Maksim Sokolski

Jul 7, 2015, 11:10:30 AM7/7/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Stop. Sorry I think about notifications to web client from web server in event driven behaviour.

Rakan Alhneiti

Jul 8, 2015, 9:33:29 AM7/8/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
There are alot of excellent Django applications out there for push notification. As a matter of fact, i happen to be a developer of one of those apps called Django-Pushy (https://github.com/rakanalh/django-pushy).

Rakan

Ruslan Kovtun

Oct 20, 2015, 11:11:19 AM10/20/15
to Django users, harsh.r...@gmail.com
For web app you should use web sockets, not push notifications.