Channels 2.0 max number of connections

Алексей Кузуб

Apr 4, 2018, 8:20:32 AM4/4/18
to Django users
Hello! How many connections Channels 2.0 can handle and keep open simultaneously? And how should I configure Daphne that increases this number?

Andrew Godwin

Apr 4, 2018, 1:00:11 PM4/4/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
It depends on your server and how busy the connections are. If you need more you should run more instances of Daphne.

Andrew

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018, 05:21 Алексей Кузуб, <roni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello! How many connections Channels 2.0 can handle and keep open simultaneously? And how should I configure Daphne that increases this number?

Алексей Кузуб

Apr 5, 2018, 2:30:14 AM4/5/18
to Django users
But no limit in params or in some other place?

Andrew Godwin

Apr 5, 2018, 2:41:30 AM4/5/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
No, there is no hard limit programmed into Daphne. It will keep accepting as long as it can.

Andrew

Алексей Кузуб

Apr 6, 2018, 5:32:19 AM4/6/18
to Django users
Thank you, Andrew!
I try to simulate 1.000 connections and I got exception ValueError: too many file descriptors in select(). I use Windows OS.
Is there some way to use it with Channels and Daphne?

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 11:30 PM, Алексей Кузуб <roni...@gmail.com> wrote:
But no limit in params or in some other place?

среда, 4 апреля 2018 г., 20:00:11 UTC+3 пользователь Andrew Godwin написал:
It depends on your server and how busy the connections are. If you need more you should run more instances of Daphne.

Andrew

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018, 05:21 Алексей Кузуб, <roni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello! How many connections Channels 2.0 can handle and keep open simultaneously? And how should I configure Daphne that increases this number?

Алексей Кузуб

Apr 6, 2018, 7:07:49 AM4/6/18
to Django users
Or I was wrong and the solution is using "from twisted.internet import iocpreactor" instead of "from twisted.internet import reactor"