Need help Scraping a couple of websites

John McClain

Dec 16, 2022, 12:11:39 PM12/16/22
to Django users
Hello,

I need help scraping a couple of commercial websites to collect product data for use in e-commerce store.

Willing to pay modest fee for the help.

Get in touch if interested...

Paul Kudla (SCOM.CA Internet Services Inc.)

Dec 16, 2022, 1:28:53 PM12/16/22
to django...@googlegroups.com

please contact me directly

i am familiar with all sorts of databases and have had to migrate data
across multiple platforms.

Toronto 416.642.7266
Main 1.866.411.7266
Fax 1.888.892.7266
Email pa...@scom.ca

Happy Friday !!!
Thanks - paul

Paul Kudla

Scom.ca Internet Services <http://www.scom.ca>
004-1009 Byron Street South
Whitby, Ontario - Canada
L1N 4S3

Toronto 416.642.7266
Main 1.866.411.7266
Fax 1.888.892.7266
Email pa...@scom.ca
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/acadd169-b7a3-42c9-b6ce-6ebe10ccf344n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/acadd169-b7a3-42c9-b6ce-6ebe10ccf344n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> believed to be clean.

Raj Mandaviya

Dec 23, 2022, 1:05:53 PM12/23/22
to Django users
I can scrap for you. I just created an IMDB scrapper(which is illegal, so not going to post the code anywhere but mailed IMDb about it) in the flask.
Also, have experience in Django and web scrapping using bs4.

Drop an email for your requirement at rajm1...@gmail.com

Thank you

Benjamin Schollnick

Dec 23, 2022, 1:11:27 PM12/23/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
> I can scrap for you. I just created an IMDB scrapper(which is illegal, so not going to post the code anywhere but mailed IMDb about it) in the flask.
> Also, have experience in Django and web scrapping using bs4.

illegal? Against Copyright, and maybe not permitted by End-User License.

But illegal? You’re not going to go to jail if you scrape IMDB, as an individual user. If you do it as part of a company, that company will probably be issued a cease and desist… And if they don’t comply they’ll get IP blocked, and possibly sued. But once again, I suspect that would be civil, and maybe not criminal? I’m not sure…

But IMDB can’t do anything to prevent someone from scraping the web site, as a individual, as long as you don’t draw attention to yourself.

- Benjamin

Michael Starr

Dec 23, 2022, 4:08:17 PM12/23/22
to Django users
Yeah it's not a DDOS or anything. They are providing the movie information on their site, from their databases, as-is and without warranty. That means you can do whatever you want with it to the fullest extent of criminal law.

But maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Cheers,
Mike

Raj Mandaviya

Dec 26, 2022, 9:40:35 AM12/26/22
to Django users
Thank you for the info. Does this mean I can make a repo for the Scrapper I created with Flask on GitHub and not be affected?

John McClain

Dec 26, 2022, 11:15:01 AM12/26/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
I’m not needing to scrape anything illegal

I need product details and associated images from collections on furniture mfg websites

I have permission to do so no issues with data being collected

I need data scraped to be cleansed and delivered in csv

I do not need the scraping routine designed fir future use, this one time scrape. However, if data collected is not sufficient you may need to repeat the process

John McClain

Cell: 085-1977-823
Skype: jmcclain0129