Electronic Notebook (ELN)

Aref

Sep 2, 2015, 10:39:14 PM9/2/15
to Django users
I am looking for an electronic notebook for general engineering notes. It seems that this would be a good candidate application for Django. Does anyone know if such an application has been written using Django or how difficult such an application would be to write?

Thanks.
Aref

Peter L. Berghold

Sep 3, 2015, 9:57:49 AM9/3/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 07:39:14PM -0700, Aref wrote:
> I am looking for an electronic notebook for general engineering notes. It
> seems that this would be a good candidate application for Django. Does

You might want to take a look at Evernote. Been using that application for
a while and it is good enough that I pay for a professional level account.

Notes can be synced with Windows boxen, web, Android, IPad, whatever.

Now a Linux client for it that actually works would be nice...

Derek

Sep 3, 2015, 10:22:04 AM9/3/15
to Django users
Off-topic ... but I assume you mean "an official Linux client"?  What third-party party clients have you tried and why have they failed?

Peter L. Berghold

Sep 3, 2015, 11:19:33 AM9/3/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
I tried "nevernote" (renamed... I think) which used to work but now under
Debian 7 it crashes and burns on takeoff.

I'd write my own but I don't have the cycles to spare for the effort.

Are there others you are aware of?

Aref

Sep 3, 2015, 10:00:45 PM9/3/15
to Django users
Thanks Cowdawg. My computer at home is running Ubuntu and at work I am stuck with Windows. Ideally would like something that is platform independent. Anyway. will take a look and see if Evernote would do it.

Flexian_me

Sep 4, 2015, 5:58:33 AM9/4/15
to Django users
Along with the evernote, I have come across a nice app Penzu (https://penzu.com ) but its only available on web and iOS/Android phones so it would not fulfil your need as you are specific to windows in office.

junctionapps

Sep 4, 2015, 9:30:12 AM9/4/15
to Django users
trello is a slick app that may be of interest. I don't believe it is written in Django, but if you were looking for some examples of interfaces etc, it might be worth a look. Developing a clone in Django with the most basic of features would be a place to start with moderate difficulty.

Luis Zárate

Sep 4, 2015, 9:43:46 AM9/4/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if you are looking something like trello (I thing do not), but junctionapps mentioned so i know taiga.

If you want something like trello in Django take a look taiga.

https://taiga.io/
https://github.com/taigaio

"La utopía sirve para caminar" Fernando Birri