mixing python , php and django

Skip to the first unread message

ngangsia akumbo

14 Aug 2014, 04:24:4514/08/2014
to django...@googlegroups.com
I am working with a php guy in my office .
He is asking me how can we mix php and django?
Cos he want that when we have a project to do he should be able to paticipate using php in building the project

can someone give me some tips

Erik Cederstrand

14 Aug 2014, 04:38:1514/08/2014
to Django Users
The most smooth approach I can think of is that you let PHP and Python communicate via JSON APIs that you agree on. That, or tell him to capitulate to the REAL Benevolent Dictator For Life.

Erik

ngangsia akumbo

14 Aug 2014, 05:09:1414/08/2014
to django...@googlegroups.com
can i have a link on how that works?

Derek

14 Aug 2014, 09:35:4614/08/2014
to django...@googlegroups.com
It can work any way you need it to.  It really depends on what aspects he needs to handle and which are yours.

If, for example, you create the back-end with the DB and models, then he can communicate from the front-end, using JSON data via GET/PUT requests.  One way for you to handle this on the back-end is via Tastypie - see http://tastypieapi.org/ .  I don't write PHP, but I can see at least one web link showing how this could be done: http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard/2010/12/15/fun-with-apis-frapi-and-django-tastypie/

Anderson

14 Aug 2014, 09:54:3514/08/2014
to django...@googlegroups.com
Say to him to learn django.

Anderson Dias Borges
Senior Analyst Developer

Tu cumprirás o desejo do meu coração se eu Te buscar...
I can't see but I'll take my chances
To hear You call my name

Lee

14 Aug 2014, 10:10:4714/08/2014
to django...@googlegroups.com
If its just the two of you creating small web site projects then I doubt its worth the cost in time, effort and money for the added complexity that would be present with using two different server side languages. I'd suggest working out some common ground personally, rather than going that route.

Nikolas Stevenson-Molnar

14 Aug 2014, 12:29:1214/08/2014
to django...@googlegroups.com
Well, there's always: http://animuchan.net/django_php/

_Nik

m1chael

14 Aug 2014, 14:21:1914/08/2014
to django...@googlegroups.com
I recently met a business man in my community that was looking to hire
me to put together some school intranets.. long story short, I told
him no because he would not allow me to develop in Django/Python. I
don't need that in my life. :)

Mike
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/53ECE3B6.8020306%40consbio.org.

ngangsia akumbo

15 Aug 2014, 05:08:3515/08/2014
to django...@googlegroups.com
what did he wanted you to build it with?