Re-write an application from Turbogear to Django.

Stamatia

Nov 25, 2021, 12:34:17 PM11/25/21
to Django users
Hi,

I have a question that might need discussion.
I have a legacy application on Turbogears(1.5) and an old version of Dojo.js on front end and I want to re-write it on Django and Reactjs.

What is the best approach to do it?
Is it better:
1. to start with backend and re-write everything on Django and then to change the front end
2. to change frontend and backend at the same time (step by step - page by page)
3. or to start with front end, apply the changes to current application and then to change backend?

Thanks,
Stam

Lalit Suthar

Nov 25, 2021, 12:41:52 PM11/25/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
I would have chosen the first option, since we can have some relationships in the database and once all the apis are ready. We can easily pick React part.

Derek

Nov 27, 2021, 3:29:47 AM11/27/21
to Django users
Agreed. You could also consider keeping Dojo and upgrading to the current version.