MongoDB connection with django

Sai Kiran Mekala

Jan 17, 2022, 8:50:04 AM1/17/22
to Django users
Hi All,

Can someone please assist to connect mongodb with django where I was notified an error

django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: 'djongo' isn't an available database backend or couldn't be imported. Check the above exception. To use one of the built-in backends, use 'dja
ngo.db.backends.XXX', where XXX is one of:
    'mysql', 'oracle', 'postgresql', 'sqlite3'

error snap.PNG

Kasper Laudrup

Jan 17, 2022, 12:32:45 PM1/17/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Did you check the above exception as the error messages suggests you
should do?

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup
OpenPGP_0xE5D9CAC64AAA55EB.asc
OpenPGP_signature

Sai Kiran Mekala

Jan 17, 2022, 9:44:59 PM1/17/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Yes , I was notified with the same error but I was unable to connect MongoDB , djongo isn't available . I already installed djongo ( module) using pip.please suggest I was assigned a task to connect MongoDB with django.

Thanks
Saikiran

Kasper Laudrup

Jan 18, 2022, 5:23:53 AM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 18/01/2022 03.44, Sai Kiran Mekala wrote:
> Yes , I was notified with the same error but I was unable to connect
> MongoDB , djongo isn't available . I already installed djongo ( module)
> using pip.please suggest I was assigned a task to connect MongoDB with
> django.

So when you check the above exception you were notified with the same error?

What does that mean?

Is the exception message the same or?

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup
OpenPGP_0xE5D9CAC64AAA55EB.asc
OpenPGP_signature

Sai Kiran Mekala

Jan 18, 2022, 5:38:40 AM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Same brother ,

I tried with mongoengine still persist with same exception error .

Thanks ,
Saikiran

Sai Kiran Mekala

Jan 18, 2022, 5:40:26 AM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: 'djongo' isn't an available
> database backend or couldn't be imported. Check the above exception. To
> use one of the built-in backends, use 'dja
> ngo.db.backends.XXX', where XXX is one of:
>      'mysql', 'oracle', 'postgresql', 'sqlite'

These is the error

Kasper Laudrup

Jan 18, 2022, 5:56:29 AM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 18/01/2022 11.37, Sai Kiran Mekala wrote:
> Same brother ,

Which brother?

> I tried with mongoengine still persist with same exception error .

I don't think it's possible for us to communicate. Maybe someone else
can help.

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup
OpenPGP_0xE5D9CAC64AAA55EB.asc
OpenPGP_signature

Juergen Hauser

Jul 31, 2022, 6:23:31 PM7/31/22
to Django users
Just in case someone is still interested in an answer ( after 6 month ?)

pip install pytz (its missing in djongo package)
pip install pymongo==3.12.3
python  manage.py makemigrations
python  manage.py migrate

this solution was provided in :