django.template.library.InvalidTemplateLibrary: Invalid template library specified. ImportError raised when trying to load 'treebeard.templatetags.admin_tree_list': cannot import name 'patterns'

Richard C

Aug 30, 2016, 4:22:19 PM8/30/16
to Django users
Hi,

I'm pretty new to this and (probably naively) trying to get django-shop working with django 1.10.
I have run into a few libraries that needed patterns() removing which I've done and raised issues with the appropriate owners, but now have run into this:

django.template.library.InvalidTemplateLibrary: Invalid template library specified. ImportError raised when trying to load 'treebeard.templatetags.admin_tree_list': cannot import name 'patterns'

I've been through treebeard and the django backend but can't seem to find any reference to patterns. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the clues!

pip freeze:
 beautifulsoup4==4.5.1
defusedxml==0.4.1
Django==1.10
django-admin-sortable2==0.6.4
django-allauth==0.27.0
django-angular==0.8.4
django-appconf==1.0.2
django-classy-tags==0.8.0
django-cms==3.3.2
django-compressor==2.1
django-filer==1.2.4
django-filter==0.14.0
django-formtools==1.0
django-fsm==2.4.0
django-fsm-admin==1.2.3
django-haystack==2.5.dev1
django-ipware==1.1.5
django-mptt==0.8.6
django-parler==1.6.5
django-polymorphic==1.0b1
django-post-office==2.0.8
django-rest-auth==0.8.1
django-sass-processor==0.4.6
django-sekizai==0.10.0
Django-Select2==5.8.9
-e git+https://github.com/awesto/django-shop@c8b7f1fe0db4aa0e16c39e0ceff736a964fa7a3a#egg=django_shop
django-treebeard==4.0.1
djangocms-admin-style==1.2.3
djangocms-bootstrap3==0.1.1
djangocms-cascade==0.9.2
djangocms-text-ckeditor==3.2.0rc3
djangorestframework==3.4.6
djangoshop-stripe==0.1.4
drf-haystack==1.5.6
easy-thumbnails==2.3
elasticsearch==2.4.0
html5lib==0.999999
jsonfield==1.0.3
libsass==0.11.1
oauthlib==1.1.2
Pillow==3.3.1
pluggy==0.3.1
py==1.4.31
Pygments==2.1.3
python-dateutil==2.5.3
python-openid==2.2.5
python3-openid==3.0.10
pytz==2016.6.1
rcssmin==1.0.6
requests==2.11.1
requests-oauthlib==0.6.2
rjsmin==1.0.12
six==1.10.0
stripe==1.37.0
Unidecode==0.4.19
urllib3==1.16
webencodings==0.5

Richard C

Aug 30, 2016, 6:37:48 PM8/30/16
to Django users
On second thoughts I just tried django 1.9.9 and it worked like a charm.
Good luck with the 1.10 porting everyone!