Help me fix this chat feature

Rizqullah T

Jun 30, 2019, 12:57:57 PM6/30/19
to Django users
This is my pet project to build a skill exchange platform. For 3 days I've been banging my head to make the chat working properly. Suppose I logged in as user A then chat to user B, I open another window then logged in as user B, but whenever I try to chat it will always connected to user A. Check out here on github https://github.com/eryzerz/skill-x

Aldian Fazrihady

Jun 30, 2019, 6:52:06 PM6/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
I think if you run multiple users on the same PC,  you should use different browsers, or at least private/incognito mode.

It is because Django gave one browser session to one user. If you are still  using one browser,  Django thinks only one user accessing the app.

Regards,

Aldian Fazrihady

On Sun, 30 Jun 2019, 23:57 Rizqullah T, <ery...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is my pet project to build a skill exchange platform. For 3 days I've been banging my head to make the chat working properly. Suppose I logged in as user A then chat to user B, I open another window then logged in as user B, but whenever I try to chat it will always connected to user A. Check out here on github https://github.com/eryzerz/skill-x

John Bagiliko

Jul 1, 2019, 6:14:36 AM7/1/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Yes, use different incognito tabs for different users.