django

vasu

Aug 9, 2018, 4:54:54 PM8/9/18
to Django users
while running python manage.py runserver 8080 this in cmd ...i am getting cant open file 'manage.py' .But i followed the documentation properly.....help me with this

Julio Biason

Aug 9, 2018, 5:01:02 PM8/9/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vasu,

manage.py should be created when you run "django-admin startproject <something>". It should also create a directory called "<something>" where manage.py exists. That's where you should run the runserver command.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 4:39 PM, vasu <vasudev...@gmail.com> wrote:
while running python manage.py runserver 8080 this in cmd ...i am getting cant open file 'manage.py' .But i followed the documentation properly.....help me with this

Julio Biason, Sofware Engineer
AZION  |  Deliver. Accelerate. Protect.
Office: +55 51 3083 8101  |  Mobile: +55 51 99907 0554

Welly Iskand

Aug 9, 2018, 5:01:52 PM8/9/18
to Django users
On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 3:54:54 AM UTC+7, vasu wrote:
while running python manage.py runserver 8080 this in cmd ...i am getting cant open file 'manage.py' .But i followed the documentation properly.....help me with this

hi vasu
you can try use command
./manage.py runserver

regards
welly iskand

squal poreover

Aug 11, 2018, 9:36:35 AM8/11/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
It means manage.py file is not in the same directory .. where you run
python manage.py runserver

Vikrant Gupta

Aug 15, 2018, 8:57:26 AM8/15/18
to Django users
Try the following steps, hope it will workout...
1. Right click on Project folder
2. Open Command Prompt here.
3. and Type 'python manage.py makemigrations --name initial polls' (in place of polls , you can put your application name)

But remember before step 3. 'polls' should be added in INSTALLED_APPS in setting.py. Something like this.
INSTALLED_APPS = [
'django.contrib.admin',
'django.contrib.auth',
'django.contrib.contenttypes',