why does django user require create database privlages for testing

dacresni

Apr 23, 2014, 4:18:10 PM4/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Rails doesn't require this, you create a test database as super user and it uses it for testing. Why doesn't django allow this?

Bill Freeman

Apr 23, 2014, 4:51:25 PM4/23/14
to django-users
Because virtually all of us don't want our production database used for testing.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM, dacresni <vivac...@gmail.com> wrote:
Rails doesn't require this, you create a test database as super user and it uses it for testing. Why doesn't django allow this?

Alex Mandel

Apr 23, 2014, 5:00:22 PM4/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
If you don't want to setup a test db with permissions for a test app,
use sqlite. I can't see why you'd ever want to give your web app carte
blanc permissions to run all over your db server.

Seems to me "you create a test database as super user" is the same as
changing to a db admin user, creating a db and auth for access to that db.

Thanks,
Alex