Network device automation with Django web framework

Chandan Kumar Maiti

Aug 29, 2019, 3:51:50 PM8/29/19
to Django users
As I am not an expert, I would appreciate of someone can advise me how to proceed with the following issue I am currently running into:

I am looking to build a web framework with Django to perform CISCO networking device testing automaton ( most likely using PyATS).
So, I should be able to start my test using web interface and the Pass/Fail of my test should automatically update on the webpage and
for the failed tests , there should a link to view the logs. However, I couldn't find anything on the web to get an idea on pyAts/Django web
framework.

Does anyone have any idea on how to do this project ? is there a different approach for quicker result ?

Thanks in advance.

Sim

Aug 30, 2019, 6:44:53 AM8/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
according to https://pubhub.devnetcloud.com/media/pyats/docs/getting_started/index.html, " In pyATS, test scripts are written and executed through AEtest Package".

How about parsing the results of the tests by ur own functions in the backend ? (just sharing an idea )