Trying to extend the User model to create a user profile page

Patrick Harding

Apr 26, 2016, 5:43:51 PM4/26/16
to Django users
I am creating an app for our company to have users log in, create a profile page, and create updates on some personal progress. I have handled logging in and registering with django-registration, and have created the app for updates, but i'm not able to create a profile page extending the user's information.

I've tried a few ways to do it (django-custom-user, a few tutorials, documentation, etc.) but I can't seem to make it work right. I'm assuming it would be a good idea to create an entirely new app for this profile page, allowing the user to create on the initial login and edit as changes require. I have these capabilities already in the updates section. How can I make this work right?