SuspiciousOperation errors after upgrading from Django 1.8 -> 1.10

holger

Aug 4, 2017, 10:35:58 AM8/4/17
to Django users
Hi

After upgrading from Django 1.8 -> 1.10 I get alot of this exception:

Internal Server Error: <<RANDOM_PAGE>>

SuspiciousOperation at <<RANDOM_PAGE>>
The request's session was deleted before the request completed. The user may have logged out in a concurrent request, for example.

Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce it which makes it difficult for me to locate the error. The exceptions are triggered in the production environment.

Anyone had a similar issue and managed to figure out what it was?

Andréas Kühne

Aug 7, 2017, 3:53:10 AM8/7/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This sounds a bit like the problem we had with sessions when we tried using dynamodb for a session store. We reverted to using redis instead, so I don't really know how to solve your problem, but I would take a look at the session store. It could be as easy as some of the sessions were created with django 1.8 and then being read by django 1.10 it isn't able to read the information correctly (related to how the session object has been saved on the server - I don't remember if the store is populated differently in django 1.8 and django.10?)

Regards,

Andréas

holger

Aug 7, 2017, 4:08:04 AM8/7/17
to Django users
Hi

That sounds like a good idea. I will check.

Thank you!