Auto generating API documentation for SoapLib 0.8 + Django?

Stodge

Sep 16, 2014, 2:18:58 PM9/16/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
We implemented a simple SOAP service using SoapLib 0.8 in our Django project a long time ago. We think he created an API document that we want to send to clients. I have a vague recollection that he somehow auto-generated the APIs from the source code. However, we can't find the document and the developer isn't here anymore. Is anyone aware of a tool that auto-generates API documentation for SoapLib with Django?

Collin Anderson

Sep 17, 2014, 11:11:13 AM9/17/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
I'd ask on the SoapLib mailing list.

Otherwise, there are python-general tools that auto-generate (poor quality) documentation from python. like pydoc: https://docs.python.org/2/library/pydoc.html

Tom Evans

Sep 17, 2014, 12:18:17 PM9/17/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Sphinx, http://sphinx-doc.org/ , is used by many projects including
Python itself and Django to generate project documentation, and it
understands python code so can easily be used to create API doc as
well as any kind of documentation.

Cheers

Tom