Link ID's To Detail Page

Gregory Strydom

Nov 7, 2018, 9:50:00 AM11/7/18
to Django users
Hi there.

I am really not sure how to phrase this questions so I will just do my best.

On the homepage of my app I have a table with information. Most of the information in each cell is also a link to a details page like so:

What I am struggling to get working is adding another link to a different cell in the same table.

My 2 urls are set us as such:

url(r'^detail/(?P<incident_id>\d+)$', views.incident_detail, name='kpi_detail'),

url(r'^eftlead/(?P<eftlead>\d+)$', views.eftlead_detail, name='kpi_eftdetail')

My index view is like so:

def kpi_index(request):
  context = dict()
  context['incidents'] = KPIIncidents.objects.all()
  return render(request, 'kpi/index.html', context)

If I set everything up like that I am getting an error of no reverse match on the index page. I think  the problem I am having is  I am not setting up the eft_lead link properly in the index view, but I am not sure how I would go about this.

It is very difficult to explain without showing my whole source code I think but I am not sure how to do that on Google groups.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Matthew Pava

Nov 7, 2018, 9:55:15 AM11/7/18
to django...@googlegroups.com

If you just copied and pasted from your template into this email, the problem is a syntax error.  You did not close your URL tag with a %}.

vineeth sagar

Nov 7, 2018, 9:55:51 AM11/7/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
I think it should be url 'kpi_detail' incident_id=incident.id" and for the other one it should be url 'kpi_eftdetail' eftlead=eftlead.id" . I think you get the idea. This won't solve it if you copy paste but it's a step in the right path

Gregory Strydom

Nov 7, 2018, 9:57:35 AM11/7/18
to Django users
Sorry I typed it in here incorrectly. Thank you for spotting that though :) It is the correct way in my source file.

Matthew Pava

Nov 7, 2018, 10:01:45 AM11/7/18
to django...@googlegroups.com

Oh, I see it now.

Your second URL doesn’t correspond with the object that is inside the cell.

You probably meant {% url ‘kpi_eftdetail’ incident.eft_lead.id %}

Gregory Strydom

Nov 7, 2018, 10:05:29 AM11/7/18
to Django users
That is pretty much the way I have it set up yeah so I also think it should work but its not.

I did have a closer look at the No_Reverse error and saw this:

Reverse for 'kpi_eftdetail' with arguments '(",)' not found. 1 pattern(s) tried: ['kpi/eftlead/(?P<eftlead_id>\\d+$']

I think the '(",)' is the clue. I do not think it is matching correctly because the id is not coming through.

On Nov 7, 2018 8:20 PM, "Gregory Strydom" <gregory.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Gregory Strydom

Nov 7, 2018, 10:18:27 AM11/7/18
to Django users
Thats it!  Thank you so much :P I''ve been struggling for 2 hours and you solved it in 5 minutes. Much appreciated!!