System checks order

Jan Siems

Mar 13, 2023, 10:08:18 AM3/13/23
to Django users

Django systems checks are running in an none determinate order. This is a problem if i write my own checks that are dependent to each other and must run in a specific order. E.g. if i import some data to the database in a deployment process where the tables are related to each other they must be imported an a well defined order to full fill the database constraints. I would expect that checks will run in the order in that I “register” them. But this is not the fact today because the list of checks will be stored in a “set” and not in a “list”. Why do “checks” use “sets” and not “lists”? Is there an important reason? I modified “cores/checks/register.py” from “sets” tho “lists” and everything works fine!