Newbie question : running the makemigrations command in the terminal

kamiba...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2019, 11:35:46 AM3/28/19
to Django users
Hello,

(Newbie here): I am trying to run the makemigrations icommand in my terminal. You will find here below the three relevant files, the third one showing the errors displayed in
the terminal.

My settings.py file:

https://pastebin.com/raw/xLpX0Zfg

My models.py file:

https://pastebin.com/raw/wYfSy8ET

The terminal entry (with the errors)

https://pastebin.com/raw/Pmpnepf1

Thank you for your time and your help.

K.

kamiba...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2019, 1:22:27 PM3/28/19
to Django users

On Thursday, 28 March 2019 16:35:46 UTC+1, kamiba...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello,

(Newbie here): I am trying to run the makemigrations icommand in my terminal. You will find here below the three relevant files, the third one showing the errors displayed in
the terminal.

My settings.py file:

https://pastebin.com/raw/xLpX0Zfg

My models.py file:

https://pastebin.com/raw/wYfSy8ET

The terminal entry (with the errors)

https://pastebin.com/raw/Pmpnepf1

    No matter the changes I make in the apps.py, settings.py and models.py files, I always read in the terminal :

     "  No changes detected in app 'munichliving_app'

     ( I am using Python 3.6 and Django 2.7.1)

jgi...@caktusgroup.com

Mar 28, 2019, 1:58:32 PM3/28/19
to Django users
From your settings file:

munichliving_app.apps.MunichLivingConfig

That makes me think that the structure of your project looks something like this:

\munichliving_app\manage.py
\
munichliving_app\apps\MunichLivingConfig\
\munichliving_app\apps\MunichLivingConfig\models.py
\munichliving_app\apps\MunichLivingConfig\views.py
\munichliving_app\apps\MunichLivingConfig\admin.py

And `OffererProfile` is defined inside models. Is that correct?

Krishna Tulsyan

Mar 29, 2019, 7:37:05 AM3/29/19
to Django users
Hi,
can you provide the folder structure of your app, and apps.py file
ensure that the name of the app is 'munichlivin_app' and name of the class in apps.py is 'MunichLivingConfig'

kamiba...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2019, 10:03:40 AM3/30/19
to Django users
@jgi...@caktusgroup.com  Thank you for your help, I received some help on Stackoverflow.