How to install on windows?

bob gailer

Feb 14, 2016, 7:49:33 PM2/14/16
to Django users
I tried following the instructions at
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/howto/windows/.

I installed Python in C:\python35. After that most things didn't seems
to work as promised.

Python 3.5 does not appear in the PATH. (Python 3.3 is there.) Yes I
checked |Add Python 3.5 to PATH.

C:\>python --version
Python 3.3.3

I typed (at the C: prompt) pip install virtualenvwrapper-win

'pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

After searching I found pip in C:\python35/scripts

So I changed to that directory and typed
||C:\python35/scripts>||pip install virtualenvwrapper-win

That worked.|

|Then I tried |mkvirtualenv myproject and got
'virtualenv.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

A few years ago I tried to install Django. I recall running into similar
issues.

I must be missing something. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Mike Dewhirst

Feb 14, 2016, 8:09:11 PM2/14/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
1. Uninstall all versions of Python on your machine

2. Start again and install Python 3.5 (pip was first part of the Python
install with 3.4)

3. Continue with https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/howto/windows/

Good luck and welcome!

Jonas Svensson

Feb 16, 2016, 9:35:08 AM2/16/16
to Django users
Hi,
you already have virtualenv with python3.5.

To create a new virtual environment you can do.

c:\Temp>c:\Python35\python c:\Python35\Tools\Scripts\pyvenv.py myenv

Cheers

bob gailer

Feb 16, 2016, 11:00:54 AM2/16/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 2/14/2016 8:08 PM, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
> 1. Uninstall all versions of Python on your machine
>
> 2. Start again and install Python 3.5 (pip was first part of the
> Python install with 3.4)
That seemed a bit radical and time consuming. I examined the PATH
environment variable, replaced python33 with python35 and now I am
making good progress. Thanks for the nudge.

--
Image and video hosting by TinyPic