Any actual open project to create a company "social" network using Django?

Fellipe Henrique

Dec 26, 2014, 11:31:16 AM12/26/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There's any actual open project to create a company "social" network using Django? I search on google, and I don't find any project using django (or even other python framework)  only PHP or Ruby...

Thanks,

Cheers!

Scot Hacker

Dec 27, 2014, 12:10:55 PM12/27/14
to django...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, December 26, 2014 8:31:16 AM UTC-8, Fellipe Henrique wrote:
Hi,

There's any actual open project to create a company "social" network using Django? I search on google, and I don't find any project using django (or even other python framework)  only PHP or Ruby...

The Pinax Project includes quite a few social features:

See also the "Social" section of djangopackages.com:

but  at the end  of the day, Django is more about helping you to build the features you need. You might start by creating a project that uses one of the social login modules (like django-allauth) and then integrate a simple Follow model with manytomany connections between users.

phi...@bailey.st

Dec 27, 2014, 1:28:42 PM12/27/14
to django...@googlegroups.com

Event though the following tutorial is not up to date with Django 1.7,
it is still quite understandable.

http://arunrocks.com/building-a-hacker-news-clone-in-django-part-1/

Best,

Phillip
--
www.bailey.st

phi...@bailey.st

Dec 27, 2014, 2:07:26 PM12/27/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Another simple tutorial is building ribbit in django.

http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/building-ribbit-in-django--net-29957

Best,

Phillip