overlay esri shapefiles from database in googlemap

jenelyn refamonte

Jan 26, 2014, 10:07:11 PM1/26/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
hello everyone,. i am developing dynamic web mapping application using geodjango framework.. i already displayed a googlemap as my basemap. It is for public users not in the admin interface,.. now, i want to display/overlay my esri shapefiles stored in my postgis databsase to the googlemap.. Its very hard for me. its my first time.. please help me.. is there any tutorial or article that i can base of,.? im stucked here for almost 3 weeks., please please please help.. thanks in advance :)

Alex Mandel

Jan 28, 2014, 4:51:28 PM1/28/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Try the django olwidget (openlayers widget), it's one of the simpler
ways to get started.

The other tool I use all the time is the python vectorformats library to
convert a django model to geojson which can be passed to a leaflet or
openlayers front end.

Enjoy,
Alex