Django website migration from live server to localhost

IR. T

Nov 9, 2013, 11:06:03 AM11/9/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
 have migrated django website from live server to my localhost, i took the backup of posrgresql database and attached to my localhost i have changed the databse connection details in the live_setting.py and also installed the required packages which were already installed on the live server but i am unable to run the website on my localhost when i use manage.py ruserver command i got the following errors.

Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Command.inner_run of <django.contrib.staticfiles.management.commands.runserver.Command object at 0x02BB6530>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\commands\runserver.py", line 91, in inner_run self.validate(display_num_errors=True)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\base.py", line 266,in validate num_errors = get_validation_errors(s, app)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\django\core\management\validation.py", line 30, in get_validation_errors for (app_name, error) in get_app_errors().items():
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\django\db\models\loading.py", line 158, inget_app_errors self._populate()
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\django\db\models\loading.py", line 67, in_populate self.load_app(app_name)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\django\db\models\loading.py", line 88, in load_app models = import_module('.models', app_name)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\django\utils\importlib.py", line 35, in import_module__import__(name)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\django_social_auth3-0.7.20-py2.6.egg\social_auth\models.py", line 8, in <module>'social_auth.db.django_models'))
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\django\utils\importlib.py", line 35, in import_module__import__(name)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\django_social_auth3-0.7.20-py2.6.egg\social_auth\db\django_models.py", line 5, in <module>from social_auth.db.base import UserSocialAuthMixin, AssociationMixin, \
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\django_social_auth3-0.7.20-py2.6.egg\social_auth\db\base.py", line 7, in <module> from openid.association import Association as OIDAssociation
  File "build\bdist.win32\egg\openid\association.py", line 37, in <module>
  File "build\bdist.win32\egg\openid\cryptutil.py", line 33, in <module>
  File "build\bdist.win32\egg\openid\oidutil.py", line 16, in <module> ImportError: No module named parse

I am using python 2.6 and django 1.4.3, how can i solve these errors, i am new to python/django development.

CLIFFORD ILKAY

Nov 9, 2013, 12:12:26 PM11/9/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 11/09/2013 11:06 AM, IR. T wrote:
  File "build\bdist.win32\egg\openid\oidutil.py", line 16, in <module> ImportError: No module named parse

"pip install parse" should do the trick. If you're not using pip, see: <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4750806/how-to-install-pip-on-windows> and <http://docs.python-guide.org/en/latest/starting/install/win/>.

Clifford Ilkay

647-778-8696

Dinamis

<http://dinamis.com>

IR. T

Nov 9, 2013, 2:17:23 PM11/9/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Klifford for quick response , i have installed pip already and also installed parse from pip but i am still geting the same error, any other suggestions?

Avraham Serour

Nov 9, 2013, 3:38:39 PM11/9/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
exactly the same error? maybe it is complaining about another missing lib?

IR. T

Nov 9, 2013, 4:09:26 PM11/9/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Avraham, i have used easy_install command to install all the packages which were essencial to run my django app and i am glad my app is running now but unfortunately it is running without the website template may be i need to fix urls which are point to website template.
Regards,
IR.T

CLIFFORD ILKAY

Nov 9, 2013, 4:58:41 PM11/9/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 11/09/2013 02:17 PM, IR. T wrote:
> Thanks Klifford for quick response , i have installed pip already and
> also installed parse from pip but i am still geting the same error,
> any other suggestions?

"pip install yolk" and then "yolk -l" to see if parse is indeed
installed in your virtualenv. That package might not be available to
your virtual environment, assuming you're using virtualenv. (If you're
not, you should be.)

IR. T

Nov 11, 2013, 7:46:44 AM11/11/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks , i have used easy_install command to install all the packages which were essencial to run my django app and i am glad my app is running now but unfortunately it is running without the website template may be i need to fix urls which are point to website template.
Regards,
IR.T