How to create a database for my website in Django

Jeff Goes

Aug 30, 2016, 7:18:08 PM8/30/16
to Django users
I have little knowledge when it comes to the creation of databases. I would like to know if someone can help me set a database for my website step by step since I have a deadline due to next month to finish a project that requires that kind of knowledge. The idea is to input information on the website and save them into an internal database. I already have MySql and Sequel Pro installed but don't know how to link them to my website.

I appreciate it.

M Hashmi

Aug 30, 2016, 7:25:47 PM8/30/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all as far as creation of database is concerned there is comprehensive documentation at djagnoproject.com in tutorial section. Once you've created database then you can use "forms" to get data from the front end to save it in db. Before you go through all this exercise I would suggest you to choose a tutorial of small app on youtube.com to build some basic djagno application. You will learn it quickly this way because with posting messages for each step it will take  a lot time for you to understand things.

Pick up a tutorial of your choice video or documented tutorial and repeat it at least thrice for the first time.

Next if you can't understand some sections of tutorial you can post on this group and people will love to help you out. Same tutorial might fit your exact needs and a video tutorial won't take long to get you up to the point you intend to raise yourself.

Regards,
Mudassar

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Jeff Goes <goes.je...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have little knowledge when it comes to the creation of databases. I would like to know if someone can help me set a database for my website step by step since I have a deadline due to next month to finish a project that requires that kind of knowledge. The idea is to input information on the website and save them into an internal database. I already have MySql and Sequel Pro installed but don't know how to link them to my website.

I appreciate it.

ludovic coues

Aug 31, 2016, 5:03:16 AM8/31/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi jeff,

I would suggest you looking up the documentation on creating a
database [1] and the following section on how to connect to your
freshly created database from django.

When you get to creating your table, you might want to simply use
django's tools. One of the key feature for developer on tight schedule
is how it manage the database for you. Once it is connected, django
will read your models files, create migration data and update the
database schema accordingly.
All you have to do is running `python manage.py makemigrations` and
`python manage.py migrate`.

If you have any issue following the documentation, don't hesitate to
come back with more question.

If you are new to django, I suggest you do at least one django related
tutorial as suggested by Mudassar.
There is the official tutorial [2] of course, but django girls
tutorial [3] is more beginner friendly

[1] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/ref/databases/#creating-your-database
[2] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/intro/tutorial01/
[3] http://tutorial.djangogirls.org/en/
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/500d5d57-6c92-4f3e-947d-cfb5d74092d9%40googlegroups.com.

Cordialement, Coues Ludovic
+336 148 743 42

djangorobert

Sep 1, 2016, 10:59:44 AM9/1/16
to Django users
a quick fix would be to just get an account with pythonanywhere.com its a cloud computing or a saas for python users lets you create your app and gives you a mysql database automatically