Comments in real time

Aaron Reabow

Aug 20, 2014, 11:11:25 AM8/20/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I use a proprietary application that let people on multiple browsers comment.

In real time their comments are displayed for everyone to see.

What is quite nice, is that you can then order and group these comments.

I have looked through the Django apps, but am unsure if any of them will give me similar capabilities (or parts thereof).

Would anyone have a suggestion on where to start looking.  My alternative would be to then build the interactivity in javascript.

many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Hannu Krosing

Aug 20, 2014, 11:15:26 AM8/20/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
You will be needing some Javascript anyway

Start by googling: socket.io django

Cheers

many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Collin Anderson

Aug 22, 2014, 1:37:22 PM8/22/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
You could also look into the EventSource JavaScript API.

Julo

Aug 22, 2014, 2:52:26 PM8/22/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
If you need to save the comments, take a look to django-angular.
Its an integration of angularJS into django.
Where you can save the model via javascript, i really recommend you Angular for this.
From: Collin Anderson <cmawe...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:37:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Comments in real time

You could also look into the EventSource JavaScript API.

Aaron Reabow

Aug 27, 2014, 3:49:02 AM8/27/14
to django...@googlegroups.com, ifj...@gmail.com
thank you for the responses, I will have a go at each.

I wonder if the angular and websockets approaches could compliment each other...