Beginning with a feature flag system

sk

Jul 7, 2014, 4:07:43 PM7/7/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I would like to try out one of the feature flag libraries available for Django. So far I have come across Gargoyle - a feature flag library and cannot wrap my head around as to how it should be implemented. Does anyone know of any tutorial or can guide me how to go about it?

If there are any other libraries that are easy to use(with a "Hello World" example and good documentation), please do share.

-spk265

George Silva

Jul 7, 2014, 4:19:40 PM7/7/14
to django-users
Django Waffle is very good.

George R. C. Silva
SIGMA Consultoria
----------------------------

sk

Jul 7, 2014, 4:28:01 PM7/7/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello George,

Thank you. I was going through the documentation sometime back. Do you know if there is an "Hello World" example that uses Django waffle? I am not able to determine what changes need to be done to make a simple django project work.

Regards,
spk265

Derek

Jul 9, 2014, 4:16:19 AM7/9/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
The documentation seems pretty clear (http://waffle.readthedocs.org/en/latest/usage.html) with lots of simple examples.

Perhaps you should post a code snippet from your own project, showing how you tried to use it and why it did not work as expected, based on what you want it to do?

(I am not a Waffle user, but it seems to me like a very useful project...)

Lee

Jul 9, 2014, 6:49:49 AM7/9/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Godjango has a short video on waffle. Might be enough to give you an idea on how to use it

https://godjango.com/31-django-waffle/

I've not watched it myself yet though