User matching query does not exist.

göktürk sığırtmaç

Sep 7, 2019, 4:36:00 PM9/7/19
to Django users
I'm trying get user according to email.

user = User.objects.get(email=email)

if user is none, i will show message. I will check password after. But when i trying login with wrong email address for test i have error "User matching query does not exist.". How can i handle this error to convert message. I have tried this

try:
user = User.objects.get(email=email)
except:
user = None;

if user is None:
messages.warning(request, "Email hatalı")
print("email is wrong")
return render(request, "login.html", context)

 code but my each login attempt, i have message "e mail is wrong"

Gabriel Stone

Sep 7, 2019, 4:47:41 PM9/7/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
In your user creation form did you add an email field?if you did then only can you query users by their email

Gabrielstone😎

göktürk sığırtmaç

göktürk sığırtmaç

Sep 7, 2019, 5:11:58 PM9/7/19