Python Database Migration Tool

sebasti...@gmail.com

Feb 29, 2024, 10:00:33 AMFeb 29
to Django users
Hey,

i have 2 different database systems. In source postgresql and target MS SQL. Now i have on source DBMS a database with a complete different schema like in target DBMS. Now i search a solution where i can connect to different DBMS Systems and can make a mapping between different source tables/columns to target/columns. I would prefer a ORM if such a solution exists.

Does anyone have a good tip for me?

Regards

Christian Ledermann

Feb 29, 2024, 1:11:11 PMFeb 29
to django...@googlegroups.com
Seems like you are looking for an ETL tool

Regards

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Galway, IE
Mobile : +353 (0) 899748838

https://www.linkedin.com/in/christianledermann
https://github.com/cleder/

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>

Eduardo Barbachan

Feb 29, 2024, 2:32:48 PMFeb 29
to django...@googlegroups.com
I believe that you will have to translate your postgres db to a mssql schema, perform the mapping by yourself, and elaborate a series of procedures to get this done. As far as I know, no tool will cover all of your needs.

Att.

Eduardo  Barbachan

Janet Anastacia

Mar 2, 2024, 8:26:02 AMMar 2
to django...@googlegroups.com
Kindly share steps and sample code of how to integrate Django and matplotlib in order to draw a pie chart.